Version 1.0., effective August 5, 2022
We communicate with you under the Via Vitis brand, we are enthusiastic and we strive to share this enthusiasm with you in the use of our services and in what we do. This includes taking care of the personal information you share with us. We want to reassure you that we do everything we can to keep your data safe with us and use it to offer you a better service.
Who is the data controller
The data controller is a civil association
- Vajnorský vinohradnícky spolok, Pod lipami 1, 831 07 Bratislava, ID No.: 48460397
- Define the types of personal data we collect;
- describe how and why we collect and use your personal data;
- describe when and why we share it with other organisations
- describe the rights and choices you have in relation to your personal data.
This Policy applies to you if you use our Services, which means:
- shopping in our stores or market sales in and around Bratislava
- shopping through our eshop on our website eshop.viavitis.sk;
- registering on our WEB site to receive our direct marketing communications, such as the magazine you receive from us via email.
- registering for volunteer jobs
- exchanging information when we communicate with each other in connection with our Services
What personal data do we collect?
We want to let you know what types of data we may collect when you use our Services.
When shopping in our stores or market sales in Bratislava and the surrounding area
- Your personal information, including your postal and billing address, email address, phone number and price for the service
When shopping in our store or browsing our Website
- Information about your online purchases (for example, what you bought, when you bought it, the price of the service and how you paid for it)
- information about your online behaviour while browsing our Website and information about when you click on one of our advertisements (including our advertisements on other organisations' websites)
- information about the devices through which you used our Services (including the manufacturer, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers, the date and time you accessed our Services, the address of the website from which you were redirected to our website, other data transmitted over standard http(s) protocols)
When registering on our WEBSITE
- Your personal data including postal and billing address, email address, telephone number,
- your login details, such as the login name and password you have chosen
- information about your online browsing behaviour on our WEBSITE and information about when you click on one of our advertisements (including our advertisements on other organisations' websites)
- information about the devices through which you used our Services (including the manufacturer, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers, the date and time you accessed our Services, the address of the website from which you were redirected to our website
In our communications with each other in connection with our Services
- Personal Information that you provide about yourself whenever you communicate with us (for example, your name and contact details, including in telephone, email or postal communications, or when you contact us via social media
- data about the email and other digital messages we send you that you have opened, including the links you have clicked on (for example, those that allow us to know if and when you have opened the message).
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys or reviews
Keeping a record of your volunteering
- Your personal information, including email address, phone number
How and why we will use personal data
We want to explain how and why we use your personal data.
|Purpose of use||What allows us to do this|| Reason why we process your personal data||Legal basis|
|To provide and make available our Services |
To process your orders and bookings
Resolving complaints, refunds where appropriate
Managing user accounts in the online shop
We need to process your personal data in order to fulfil your orders, provide you with services, loan you goods to assist you in resolving complaints and refunds
Necessary for the performance of the contract:
We collect the following data
- Purchase data
- Contact details
- Profile details
- Delivery/pickup details
|Managing and improving daily operations||Managing and optimising our Website and e-shop|
Some cookies are necessary, so please do not turn them off if you want to be able to use all the features of our Website. For more information about cookies and how to turn them off, please see Cookies and similar technologies. HERE
|Managing and improving daily operations||To help further develop, manage our product offering, expand our services, our stores, develop our information systems, how we communicate with our customers||We rely on the use of personal data for market research, collecting reviews, internal surveys and to do this in improving our offering, developing and equipping our stores, improving our IT and security. And in this way to deliver our Services better.||Legitimate interest|
|Managing and improving daily operations||To detect and prevent fraud and other crime||We monitor and analyse the use of our Services in order to detect and prevent fraud, other crime and misuse of the Services. This helps us ensure that you can use our Services safely in accordance with the applicable terms.||Legitimate interest|
|To deal with complaints and disputes ||To prepare for and organise events and competitions that you participate in, including those we run with our suppliers and partners||To manage promotional events and competitions that you enter, we need to process your personal data Legitimate interest||Legitimate interest|
|To deal with complaints and disputes ||To invite you to participate in and administer customer surveys, reviews on behalf of ViaVitis||To improve our Services we need to know your opinion, we need to process your personal data when processing such submissions Participation is voluntary, you do not have to take part in the activity ||Legitimate interest|
|To deal with complaints and disputes ||To deal with legal claims and complaints or disputes that concern you or us||For example, if you are dissatisfied with products you have purchased from us or because of faults in the provision of our services||To establish, exercise or defend legal claims, Specific provision of the law.|
Purpose of use
Some of the above uses of your personal data are based on "legitimate interests", which include:
- looking after the needs of our customers, including the delivery of our products and services;
- promoting and selling our products and services;
- looking after your eshop account;
- Understanding you, our customers, including patterns of behaviour, as well as tracking what you like and dislike;
- protecting and supporting our store, colleagues, customers;
- preventing and recognising anti-social behaviour, fraud and other crime;
- managing complaints and resolving disputes;
- testing and developing new products and services and improving existing ones.
Sharing personal data with service providers
We want to inform you that in some cases we share personal information with carefully selected service providers.
When we share personal information with these companies, we require them to keep it secure and not to use your personal information for their own marketing purposes unless you give them permission to do so.
We work with carefully selected service providers who carry out certain activities on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that provide us with:
- Technology services (e.g. support for our website, and the business systems we use to deliver our services);
- accounting services for processing your purchases;
- companies through which we provide direct marketing and send out electronic communications, including the Journal (e.g. MailChimp), social media communications;
- delivery services, delivery of our postal communications and distribution of purchased goods
- legal or other professional services,
- as well as companies that may manage or maintain industrial cameras in our stores.
We only share personal information that enables our service providers to provide services.
Some of the service providers we work with operate Online Media Channels and provide relevant Online Advertisements for our products and services, as well as those of our suppliers, through these Online Media Channels on our behalf. For example, you may see advertisements for our products and services if you visit a particular social media site or if you watch a video through a video distribution service on the Internet.
Such service providers include e.g. Facebook, Google, Youtube,
Sharing personal data with other organisations
We may share personal information with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- Where we are required to share personal data by law or by a public authority, or where it is necessary for the administration of justice;
- where the sharing of personal data is necessary for us to establish, exercise or defend our legal claims (this includes disclosing personal data to others to prevent fraud);
How we protect personal data
We know that it is important to protect and manage your personal data, so we have put certain measures in place.
We use computer security measures such as firewalls and data encryption, and we require physical access controls to our buildings and files to protect this data. Authorized access is granted to employees, or authorized persons, who need it to perform their job duties.
- We require the presence of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information. In some cases, we will ask for proof of identity before we share your personal information.
- We will only reveal the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming your order.
Where do we transfer your personal information?
We intend to transfer your personal information to a third country, which is the USA, as part of our direct email marketing communications. This country guarantees an adequate level of data protection according to a decision of the European Commission. Your personal data - first name, last name, email address and the targeting of the communication - will be processed by Mailchimp, which is annually certified under the EU Privacy Shield regime.
How long we keep personal data
We will not retain personal data for longer than necessary; the length of this period is determined by a number of factors including:
- The reason we had for obtaining the data; we will destroy the data once the purpose has been achieved;
- how old the data is;
- whether we have a legal/regulatory reason for keeping it;
- whether we need it for your or our protection.
We are entitled to process personal data obtained with your consent (subscription to a magazine, provision of a photograph) for this purpose until the consent is withdrawn.
Marketing and market research
We may send you offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways, including by email, but only if you have first consented to receiving such marketing communications. When you register, we will ask you if you would like to receive marketing communications and you can change your marketing decision at any time online by completing the contact form on our website or by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link found at the bottom of each of our emails. We will then stop sending you further marketing emails.
We would also like to hear your views on how we can improve our service, so we may contact you regarding marketing surveys. However, it is always up to you to decide whether to participate in these marketing surveys.
Right to information and other rights of the data subject
1. Right of access:
You have the right to see the personal data we hold about you. This right is called the Data Subject Access Requirement.
If you would like to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us by email: email@example.com or telephone +421 917 404 433.
2. Right to have incorrect information corrected:
If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will correct it. You may also request that we restrict the processing of your personal data until we have verified its accuracy.
3. The right to object to our use of that data:
If you raise a general objection - We will then consider your objection to our use of your personal data. On balance, your rights outweigh our interests and we will then either restrict the scope of our use of this data (see section 3 below) or delete it (see section 4 below) based on your request. We will only further process your personal data if we can demonstrate the existence of compelling legitimate grounds that override your interests, rights and freedoms or if the data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you raise an objection relating to direct marketing - If you raise such an objection, we will stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
4. The right to limit the scope of our use of that data:
There are a number of situations under which you may limit the scope of our use of your personal information, including, but not limited to, if:
- you have successfully raised a general objection (set out in section 2 above)
- you challenge the accuracy of the personal data we hold
5. The right to request the removal of that data:
There are a number of situations under which you can ask us to remove your personal data including, but not limited to, if:
- we no longer need to keep your personal data
- you have successfully raised a general objection (set out in section 2 above)
- you have withdrawn your consent to our use of your personal data (and we have no other reason to use it)
6. The right to request a transfer or "portability" of a copy of that data:
Data portability is a new right that allows any EU citizen to transfer their data between organisations. This is free of charge, allowing customers to change service providers. Its essence lies in the electronic sending and delivery of data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, such as csv.
You can submit a request in relation to your data to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can request that we send a data report either directly to you or to a third party.
7. Right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority: we would be happy to resolve any complaints you may have, but you also have the right to lodge a complaint about how we have used your personal data with the Data Protection Authority.
Personal Data Protection Authority, Hraničná 12, 820 07 Bratislava 27, Slovak Republic , e-mail: email@example.com
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use personal information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This version of the Policy 1.0 is effective as of August 5, 2022